- Lightweight portable powered speakers with legendary QSC amplifier power and reliability
- 1000 watt continuous Class D power modules in all models
- Extensive DSP enhances system performance
- Attractive and professional appearance
- Rugged ABS enclosures (K8, K10 and K12)
- Powder coated steel grille
- Comfortable ergonomic handles
- 35 mm pole sockets with Tilt-Direct™ (fullrange models)
- M10 rigging points for suspended installation (fullrange models)
- K10 and K12 perform as main PA or stage monitors
Extensive DSP processing is employed throughout, providing levels of sonic clarity and total output that defy the system's size and weight.
Premium-grade materials, advanced construction processes and multiple mounting and suspension options allow for a wide range of live and installed applications.
Combo XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs accept both Mic and Line Level input while a set of RCA phono inputs (except KSub) allow additional connectivity to portable MP3 players, CD players and line-level mixers. Up to three audio sources can be mixed internally and summed to a balanced output for "daisy-chaining" of multiple units. Separate direct outputs are also provided on each channel for additional output flexibility.
On-board switches provide preset EQ settings. The HF setting (fullrange models) can be set to VOCAL BOOST for additional presence in the critical mid-frequency area or FLAT for accurate reproduction of the incoming signal. The LF switch can be set to NORM, DEEP™ for additional bass extension, or EXT SUB (fullrange models) for use with an external subwoofer. The rear panel LED switch can be set to POWER, illuminating the front-mounted LED when the unit is powered on, OFF for applications where it is not desirable to illuminate the front LED, or LIMIT which indicates to the system operator that the clip limiter circuit has been engaged during operation.
Fullrange models are housed in rugged ABS enclosures with a professional appearance that is at home in any application. ABS is a far more robust material than conventional speaker plastics and offers an additional measure of sonic clarity due to its internal rigidity. Ergonomic aluminum handles and a highly protective steel grille complete the package for ease of transport and long term durability.
The K Series fullrange models feature a unique Tilt-Direct™ pole cup mounting system. A simple turn of the dial engages a 7.5 degree downward tilt of the speaker allowing acoustic energy to be kept on the audience and off reflective surfaces for applications where maximum coverage from a high-positioned speaker is desired. Integrated M10 suspension points allow for suspended applications with a K SERIES M10 KIT (sold separately) or Yoke bracket (sold separately).
The KSub is a dual-12" bandpass design, constructed of premium birch and includes high-quality, low-noise casters. The subwoofer features a threaded pole receptacle for a positive, wobble free connection to a threaded speaker pole (included).
Remote gain control capability is offered via a potentiometer (not included) connected to the on-board Euroblock connector. In an installed application, multiple K Series speakers can be "daisy-chained" for total gain control from a single remote pot. Auto-standby mode is engaged after 5 minutes of inactivity.
- DMT™ (Directivity Matched Transition) provides for matched LF and HF coverage across the entire listening area, eliminating unnatural "dead" or "hot" frequency zones.
- Intrinsic Correction™, first featured in our high-end line-array products maps 65-75 spacially-averaged measurements to IIR and FIR filters that actively adjust time, frequency and amplitude response to a maximally flat bandpass target. The result is a speaker that behaves equally well across the entire sound field.
- DEEP™ and excursion limiting allow for extended low-frequency response by actively managing low-frequency transients without degradation of the underlying signal or adjacent frequencies.
- GuardRail™ protection, first introduced on our GX Series amplifiers protects both the amplifier module and your performance from unnatural and destructive clipping.
K Series Features
Click any feature to learn more
Sophisticated digital signal processing provides greater low-frequency extension while precisely protecting the woofer from over-excursion.
Directivity Matched Transition matches the HF coverage angle to the natural coverage angle of the woofer for uniform frequency response over the entire coverage area.
The conical wave guide eliminates the phase distortions of typical asymmetric horns for more natural reproduction.
- 1000 Watts
The same state of the art, light-weight Class D amplifier module powers all the K & KW Series models.
- EQ Modes
Optimize for a specific application with the simple flip of a switch.
- Energy Management
Automatic standby mode conserves energy and extends the life of the loudspeaker.
- LED Operation
Turn of the front panel power LED or switch it to show limiting operation.
- Remote Control
Easy to use remote gain control is ideal for installed applications.
- Pro Appearance
Sleek lines and a full grille for a more professional look than other molded loudspeakers.
- Locking IEC Power Cable
Help prevent unexpected interruptions.
Mic/line and RCA inputs along with onboard mixing controls allow greater flexibility.
- Tilt-Direct™ Pole Mount
A simple turn of the dial is all it takes to alter the vertical directivity by 7.5 degrees.
- Suspension and Mounting
With integrated threaded inserts, K Series is equally at home in mounted or flown applications.
- Threaded Pole
The KSub comes with a threaded pole for a snug, safe fit.
- Rugged Construction
K Series fullrange enclosures are molded from ABS, a harder more rigid material than typical plastics.
- Intrinsic Correction
An exclusive QSC process that applies extensive acoustic measurements to noticeably improve audio quality.
- Class D
Higher efficiency produces less heat and more sonic performance with lower overall current draw.
QSC's Guardrail™ technology protect your loudspeakers from overexcursion. On-demand cooling fan and thermal limiting prevent overheated electronics.